Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about being a part of our Medical Practice.
What services provided with membership?
- Annual comprehensive office visit.
- Sick visits as needed.
- 24/7 access to your personal physician by phone, secure text or video chat.
- Unrushed and extended office visits.
- Same day or next day appointment availability is typical.
- Personal coordination of care with hospitals, other specialists, and consultants.
Do I still need medical insurance?Yes – Pioneer Concierge Medicine does not replace your health insurance coverage, which isneeded for hospitalizations, lab tests, imaging, emergencies and consultations with specialists.
I have HMO –can I be a patient of your practice?
HMO’s have strict rules about seeing certain network Primary Care Doctors, and getting referrals from them. Because of this, we are not a good fit for HMO members. Our care model works well for people who have PPO and HSA plans.
Are you on staff at local hospitals?Yes – Currently both Dr. Pithadia and Dr. Stefaniuk are on staff at Northwest Community Hospital and Lutheran General Hospital.
Will my insurance or Medicare be billed for my office visits or communications with the doctor?No – Pioneer Concierge Medicine is a separate entity. Your insurance provider will not receive any bills from Pioneer Concierge Medicine.
Are there any additional costs other than the annual membership?
No – There are no additional fees or payments other than the annual membership.
Can I use an FSA, or HRA plan to pay for the annual membership?
Patients are advised to discuss this with their own tax expert.
How do I communicate with my doctor?
During regular business hours, we are available via the office phone. After hours, we can be reached through our cell phones, video chat, or secure text.
What should I do if I have an emergency or become sick while traveling?
- If you are having a life threatening emergency, call “911”. Then, call us when you can so we can coordinate your care with the Emergency Room staff.
- If you have a non-emergent concern, please call or text your personal physician for advice and recommendations.
How do I handle seeing a medical specialist, consultant, or surgeon?
- If you are already seeing a specialist, we are happy to communicate with them as needed.
- Should you need help obtaining a consultation, we are happy to coordinate with other providers in the community.
I need to stay in network for any treatment handled by insurance. Can you help with that?
Yes – We will work closely with you to select in-network doctors/hospitals for any needed services.
What happens if I get hospitalized?
Your Pioneer Concierge physician will communicate and coordinate closely with the hospitalist team providing your inpatient care.